Friday, June 22, 2007

A Thought (or a few) on Blog Titles

It took me a while to think of the title for this blog, an hour or so on urban dictionary looking for some neat phrase, butttttt in the end a homage to Mitch Hedberg seemed suitable. He does have the best one-liners. (And if you don't know what I'm talking about, just look it up here). So now that I'm an expert on blog titles I thought I'd set down some guidelines for you folk:

1. It shouldn't be an emo lyric
This one is not debatable. But let's be nice, I mean some people like emo, right? How else can you express all those emotions you have like sadness and despair and teen angst. It just gets confusing.
2. Refrain from including your name
Keep the names to your name tags. No one wants to read "Matt's Blog of Nothing Much" or "Pedro's Blog on Spicy Peppers" (don't forget to Vote for Pedro). This is the Internet and that means a screen name. That means you should capitalize every other letter. That means you should include a lot of x's. And don't forgot your favorite musician. Oh and misspell shit while you're at it. "XxXJuAnEsLuVrXxX's Blog of nm!" I'd read that. And you should too.
3...Actuallllllllyyyyyyy
We'll save the rest for later...to be continued.

No comments: